Saturday, January 12, 2013

                                         Why is it that when things seem to be going along smoothly something always happens to muck things up? I haven't increased my time on the exercise bike yet, but I have increased the RPM's. I have ridden the bike faithfully everyday- that is until yesterday.
                             Unfortunately the other night at work I did a one legged split in the hall, and of course I had an audience to witness me go down. Two very nice strong gentleman kept offering to help me up, but I needed a few moments to catch my breath and get myself in a sitting position so that they could even assist me into a wheelchair.  
                             After a trip down to the ER, an x-ray of the knee, and a shot of Demerol the Dr. informed me that I had most likely pulled or tore my hamstring. Mr.D got a 4 am phone call to come and collect me. He normally sleeps like a rock, but for some reason he was awake when I called. He said that something  woke him around 2:30 and he  thought about calling me, but didn't want to bother me if I were busy.
                                We made it home, but getting out of the vehicle, up the steps and into the house was another story. My neighbors if they were up at 5:00 probably think I'm nuts because there I sat in the driveway crying with my husband holding me. Any time I tried to move my leg it went into spasms and and the pain was horrible. Eventually with the help of our neighbor Dan we made it into the house and to the recliner where I've remained for the last 2 days. 
                               I'm hoping that with some rest, ice and anti-inflammatories things will improve over the weekend. I hate having to depend on everyone to help me up and down and my butt's getting numb from sitting so much. We'll see what the doctor has to say on Monday, but until then no work, no exercise and no playtime. I guess I'll try to catch up on some reading and watch a lot of crap TV and try not to let this setback get me down.
                              

9 comments:

  1. oh lordie - I feel for ya!!! A couple of years ago I tripped over the janitor's cart at school and went down - I pulled the tendons and various other vital parts in my knee....... I remember trying to get in the house - I remember sitting around for days and thinking I honestly would kill someone!!

    Keep your chin up - things will definitely improve I promise !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww..so sorry. Find a good book and relax....soon enough you will be pedaling away. hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- I am so sorry to hear about your fall! I suppose maybe feel grateful that nothing was broken? I hope you feel better soon and back into your regular routine.

    ~faithful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year to everyone! Have just updated my blog www.1950princess.blogspot.co.uk

    Princess x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry! I hope you get healed up ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! That super sucks, Im sorry. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your encouraging words. I'm at least able to get up & down by myself now so when my butt gets numb at least I can walk about a bit- albeit slowly and not far, but it's something . Hope fully I'll be starting PT this week so that will help get me moving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! That's awful! sorry to hear about your fall. I am just getting around to reading blogs. Hope to hear you are on the mend, I bet you are SO sore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am feeling a little better and hobbling about a little, but God I am sore.

      Delete