Tuesday, January 15, 2013

GRATEFUL AND BLESSED

                                As bored and frustrated as I am right now recovering from this injury, I have to say I am very grateful for Mr. D and the kids for their help and concern. Everyone has stepped up for the most part and with little to no complaint. Is everything getting done and getting done exactly the way Mom wants? No, but the important things are being taken care of.
                               Dirty laundry isn't piling up, but the  clean clothes need to be brought upstairs so they can be folded and put away. The kids got the grocery shopping done minus only 2 items, one they were out of and the other was because the line at the deli was too long. The store was busy and it was something we could do without so no harm done. They've kept the house picked up, but I'm itching to have the rugs shook out and a good sweeping done- maybe that's something Mr. D can help me with later this afternoon. My wonderful husband has cooked everyday, he even made a delicious turkey dinner on Sunday and has done the dishes a couple of times( which he made a point to tell the girls about.)
                                They've all been good about letting me know that I shouldn't feel guilty about asking for their help and even try to anticipate my needs asking if I need anything before they head out the door or the other end of the house. Sometimes the kids seem so self absorbed, but I guess the lessons about caring for and helping others  got through.  
                                 Mr. D has gone above and beyond in my opinion. I needed help the first few days just to get myself up and down and being in a sitting position was next to impossible without him supporting my upper leg, so needless to say his assistance was needed in the bathroom where I would have much rather had my privacy. Sorry if that's TMI. I had a meltdown, apologizing and crying  because I was frustrated and embarrassed.  He just hugged me and told me I had nothing to be embarrassed about and that he was just doing for me what I would do for him.
                                 We haven't been able to have any playtime, but he did manage to give me a "therapeutic spanking just to get the circulation going" when I complained that my butt was numb. It was brief and light, but playful and it made me smile. It was nice  that we could still connect in some small way.
                                I don't know how much longer I will have my activity limited or how long everyone will be willing to happily take care of things, but right now I'm grateful that my family has been so wonderful , caring concerned and helpful. I 've always considered myself blessed to have them, but now I realize just how blessed I really am.

10 comments:

  1. Yes- you are blessed!

    Hopefully not too much longer till you are up and about.

    ~faithful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it won't be too long I'm getting a little stir crazy.

      Delete
  2. Yes, you are blessed to have them and good luck on a fast recovery.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful, you must be super proud of your family, all coming together to help mom out.

    I hope you get better sooner than later.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am very proud of them, they've really stepped up.

      Delete
  4. Very blessed indeed. So good to have such a wonderful helpful family. It also shows that you have bought your children up to be compassionate and helpful. Well done!

    Hope that you have a speedy recovery!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, they really are good kids.

    ReplyDelete