Monday, January 7, 2013

A Rule Not A Resolution

                                             I quit making New Years Resolutions years ago. I never keep them, so what's the point? Oh I may say I'll try to do this or stop doing that, but I don't make an actual resolution. I don't commit myself to anything that way I don't fail. But this year things are a little bit different.
                                                I have a resolution this year. I did not make this resolution myself mind you , it was made for me by Mr. D., although he's calling it a RULE not a resolution. I am to do 15 minutes on the exercise bike everyday or there will be consequences. I know 15 minutes isn't a lot , but it's just a starting point. The goal is to get up to 30 minutes at least tree times a week.
                                                He is apparently serious about this. He placed the bike in the alcove in the living room instead of downstairs in the rec room. No way for me to cheat and say I rode the bike when I was downstairs while I'm actually watching TV. He put a note on the fridge that says " I WANT MY 15 MINUTES." No way for me to say I forgot. And he's keeping track by recording my time in a day planner.
                                                  What are my consequences you ask? I asked the same thing. His first response was "You don't want to know."
                                                   I explained to him that I did need to know, he needed to be clear on what the consequences were to be.
At first he decided that a good caning would be my punishment, but I pointed out to him that the seat was already uncomfortable and it might be very difficult to ride the bike with welts on my ass. He agreed saying he didn't want me  squirming  too much while trying to ride the bike and fall off and hurt myself so he would think on it and get back to me. Me and my big mouth. Chances are the more he thinks the worse the consequence will be.
                                                    At least I don't have to do this alone. He has decided that he will also use the bike and is keeping track of his progress to. With his help and him making me accountable for my actions this may be one New Years rule I will keep.

12 comments:

  1. exercise is always a good rule/resolution.

    good luck. it's awesome that he is doing this too.

    support is under-rated!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both kid's have jumped on the bandwagon too, so now it's a family affair. They just don't know about Mom's consequences.

      Delete
  2. I am adding an exercise rule, too. I just feel better when I get it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exercise is great. I'm not a big fan of "standard" exercise though. I want something fun, like Zumba!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'd rather swim, but unfortunately I don't have access to a pool, so for now the bike will do. Right now I still feel too self-conscious to get in front of a bunch of other people and jump around.

      Delete
  4. Be careful as he might give you that punishment and then make you do it standing up on the bike if you can't sit down!

    Don't worry about it though- I know you can do the 15 minutes and get to the 30 minutes in no time.

    ~faithful



    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! I have no intention of testing that out. Perhaps I should get a padded seat cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ihave an exercise resolution/rule also....good luck!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  7. good for you both

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exercise is amazing - it's making it routine that's the hard part. And then may goodness help you if you ever let it fall out of routine. Mine fell out last March... maybe time to pick it up again. :)

    ReplyDelete