Sunday, December 30, 2012

Venting

                                          I just need to vent today [ it'll probably be more like a rant, but venting sounds better.] With the holidays, work and school break Mr. D and I can't seem to find much time to ourselves. I had hoped that with me starting vacation yesterday that we could make some time, but our youngest just doesn't seem to want to cooperate.
                                            Our oldest is house/dog sitting for one of my siblings who is out of town and I suggested to our youngest that she might want to go stay with her sister last night. "You just want to get rid of me so you can have sex!" she cried. Well yeah, but that's not the only reason. We also have things- important things we need to talk about that are hard to discuss with other people around to distract or interrupt. Of course she doesn't understand this all she hears is we don't want you around. I know she's having a rough time now, most of her friends have boyfriends right now and you know as well as I do that for teenage girls the boyfriend tends to come first so she feels left out and even when she is invited along she doesn't want to go because she feels like the fifth wheel.
                                            I don't want her to feel cast aside, but we truly need some alone time. I've brought up to Mr. D the fact that I need for our D/s dynamic to become full time and I've given him some information to read and process, but it's not exactly something we can discuss with our kids around. We also have some financial concerns to discuss- i have always been in charge of the checkbook and the bills, but with work being slow for Mr. D, my pay freeze for the last six years and the higher cost of our healthcare insurance and everything else things are spiraling out of control and that will be one ugly conversation. Mr. D is up for a new job and I'm praying it comes through otherwise I don't know what we'll do if we don't get another regular income coming in.
                                               I'm actually dreading this conversation, Mr. D has been self-employed for a number of years- something that I had misgivings about, but supported. But it's hard to budget when you don't have a set paycheck coming in every two weeks. With the downturn in the economy and the fact that his knees and back can't tolerate the type of work he does our income has suffered. I know that's not his fault and I didn't want him to feel discouraged, so even though I've told him before that my paycheck alone can't cover all the bills alone and I've made some cutbacks where I can it's still not enough and I haven't been completely forthcoming about where we stand .
                                                To be honest I harbor some resentment towards him. I hate having to bear the the lion's share of our finances. I hate that I had to increase my hours at work and that I want to leave my job , but can't find anything without taking a paycut and since we can't afford it I'm trapped.I know I am partly responsible for our situation , but right now I'm ready to hand over the checkbook and all the bills and tell him you figure it out! I won't do that though, we'll sit down and figure it out together that's if we can ever find some time alone to sort all of this out.
                                               So I guess I'll just have to inform my youngest that she's going to have to go spend some time at her aunt's while her father and I try to figure all of this out. I know that she'll bitch and moan and cry that it's not her fault she doesn't have a life and that it's not fair that she has to go when she doesn't want to, but if we don't get a chance to deal with this stuff I think I'll lose my mind. I'll probably need a good spanking after the argument with her and then again after Mr. D and I finally talk about all of this.  Maybe I'll wait till after we've had some playtime first so that we'll both be in a good mood.
                                               I told you this was going to be more of a rant, but it helps getting all of that out .

6 comments:

  1. Rants and/or venting is always allowed and good for the soul.

    I am sure that once you and Mr. D discuss it , somehow it will all work out. That is the first step to solving the issues anyway.

    I like your idea of playtime first!

    Hope it all goes well and you get the alone time you need.

    Sending *** HUGS***

    ~faithful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely playtime first! I need him relaxed and in a good mood.

      Delete
  2. Mrs. D, tell your young one that yes, you need some adult time. If she's old enough to have a boyfriend she's old enough to understand adult time. No specifics are needed here, adults have things that need to be dealt with. Plain and simple usually works best.

    I'm sorry you are having the finacial problems that you are having, I've been there myself. Maybe when you sit down and talk with Mr. D it is time to hand it over to him to deal with. That's not to say that he will have to deal with it alone, cause he has you to support him as you make this change. But, it might also give him a bit more understanding of what you have been dealing with. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids are going shopping together tomorrow afternoon and we've decided that she's to pack an overnight bag and stay at her aunts for the night. I know we'll get through this we always do, I'm just feeling overwhelmed right now. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Faerie. If age can say to you that you just want to have sex, (which omg my mom would've completely been soooo pissed at me for saying to her!) you can explain that you need some time to discuss adult things with your husband.

    Good luck & hugs,
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know my father would have put me through a wall. I thought Mr. D might, but he calmly told her that was none of her business and that her parents were entitled to some time alone.
      Thanks,
      Mrs. D

      Delete