Saturday, December 22, 2012

Ready For Christmas

                                             I'm ready for Christmas- I think I'm ready anyway. I've baked cookies all though I did ruin one batch and didn't get a chance to bake another. Most of the presents are wrapped, unless  I hid some and have forgotten about them. I've done this in the past and found presents months later while cleaning out a closet or looking for something else.The tree and the house are decorated, but I can't find the Christmas rugs I usually put out. I bought groceries yesterday - I hope I got everything on the list. Today I cleaned the house so it will be presentable for company Christmas morning.
                                               I'd like to relax and enjoy the next few days, but Ihave to work tonight tomorrow and Christmas Eve. I'll be okay as long as Mr. D and the kids can keep the house clean, no one eats the food I brought for the dishes I'm making  and I just  realized that I don't have a gift for my oldest's boyfriend [ they broke up a while ago, but they're sort of seeing each other again and she informed me he's coming for Christmas dinner.] Oh well I guess I'm not quite as ready as I thought. Perhaps Mr. D will pick something up for him if I ask very nicely. Enough whining- I have to finish getting ready for work.
                                                Merry Christmas everyone and God Bless.
                                                              Love Mrs. D
                                             

8 comments:

  1. My mom always used to hide stuff, then remember while we were opening or the next day. It's one of my favorite memories!!
    Good luck getting everyone to not eat your ingredients, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like a crazy person telling everyone you can't eat this, this or this, but it never fails they're never hungry for something specific until I have it earmarked for something else. Oh well it'll work out and no one will starve.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas Mrs D :)

    I too hope that your hungry lot do not eat your ingredients! Don't worry about finding gifts after Christmas Day..I do that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i thought i was to only person working up to right before Christmas eve! So sorry to hear you're working thru the weeknd too.

    I've just begun to do all the laundry around the house - cushions, covers, tablecloths. thank God for Dryers.

    have a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done everything I'm going to do, but Mr. D had me leave a list for him and the kids so that when I come home Christmas morning we'll be good to go.Hope you don't have to work too hard and have a Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas! No doubt it will all work out and your day will be wonderful!

    ~faithful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now if I can stay awake I'll get to enjoy the day [maybe just a little nap after breakfast and presents.]
      Merry Christmas

      Delete