Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Best Vacation Spot

                                    For me the best vacation spot was a little place in the Florida Keys. Mr. D and I had a chance to spend a few days in Islamorada   some years BC (before children.) It was spring so it wasn't the tourist season, but the weather was gorgeous unlike back home where it was gray and rainy.
                                    I remember walking down the street to a little thatch roofed open air bar and thinking it was so cool that instead of people driving and parking their cars they pulled up to the dock in their boats. The people were so friendly and quite a few of them were transplants from our neck of the woods. The bar boasted that it had the best view of the most beautiful sunset in the world and it was the most beautiful sunset I had ever seen. 
                                       I have fond memories of Mr. D  and I making love in the swimming pool of our condo. Thankfully he had the foresight to disconnect the lights that were strung up above the pool area because another couple was out for a moonlight stroll. I don't think they saw much, but it was pretty obvious what was going on.
                                         My husband decided with the ocean right in our backyard he had to do some fishing. Since he had no gear he went to a local store hoping to rent a fishing pole and tackle. The guy who owned the store told him he didn't have any fishing gear for rent so he lent Mr. D his pole and just asked him to return it when he was done. Mr. D kept trying to pay him, but the man wouldn't accept any money. He actually caught a barracuda with that borrowed pole. That sucker had some sharp teeth and getting it off the hook was quite tricky. Unfortunately I had left the camera inside so he couldn't have a picture taken with his catch.
                                 Our original destination had been Key West, but I was tired of driving so we ended up in Islamarada. I'm glad we stopped there because it turned out to be the best vacation spot I have ever been.
                                     

5 comments:

  1. I have never heard of it, but sounds like a lovely romantic, quiet spot. I have written the name down for future possibilities..thanks!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds like such a lovely place!!! You know, those types of vacations, the ones where you end up in a place you were not expecting, sometimes do turn out to be the most memorable. :) thanks so much for sharing!!

    Belle:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it's a great vacation spot and you had a wonderful time. Making memories is so much fun.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this tips because I will surely need this when we want to find the best area for vacation. I will visit your blog again for more information like this.

    vacation area

    ReplyDelete