Monday, February 25, 2013

He Thinks I'm Beautiful

                                                   I was looking forward to getting my hair done today. The split ends are awful not to mention my roots- I'm a natural blonde,but mother nature just needs a reminder every six weeks or so and I'm noticing more gray so letting it go is just killing me.  I've been putting it off because I didn't want to spend extra money on non necessities until my claim was approved and I knew I'd have the extra money. I was getting so desperate I almost bought hair color to do it myself at home. I once let my mom highlight my hair at home years ago and it didn't go well at all. I had to pay my hairdresser to fix it which cost me more money, so it's worth it to pay her in the first place. I did take the scissors to my bangs though and I don't think they came out too bad- well at least they're not hanging in my eyes anymore.
                                 The moment I knew that my claim was approved I made the appointment and arranged my schedule to accommodate it. As I'm getting ready to head out the door my hairdresser called to say her little one was sick and she had to take him to the doctor. She felt really bad because she knew that I had put off this appointment and that I was chomping at the bit to get my hair done. I told her not to worry about it, just take care of her little one and we'd reschedule.
                                  Of course after I got off the phone I let out a few expletives and complained that my hair looks like crap and what am I going to do, I can't wait another week. Mr. D  just shook his head and told me that I looked fine. " I look like hell!" I said " just look at my roots and my hair won't do anything, it's too long and frizzy!" 
                                  I'm usually not a vain person, but I do try to take some pride in my appearance. I have issues with my self image and I am trying to work on that. I'm trying to eat healthier and lose weight, but that change isn't going to happen overnight. My hair is something I can make look good now and if it looks good maybe people won't notice my other flaws so much. It sounds silly and shallow I know , but it is what it is.
                                   As I lamented about the fact that the gray was showing and I had to wait even longer my husband tried to cheer me up. "Look at it this way, you're going gray and you still got laid. You're still beautiful to me." I mumbled something along the lines of he was just saying that to make me feel better when he stood in front of me and looked me in the eye and said "I said you're beautiful and that is that... end of story."
                                    The way he looked at me I knew he meant it. I won't run out and buy a box of hair dye or scramble to find a hairdresser to do me today. Yes I'll still cover the gray, but I won't worry about it as much and I'll wait till I can reschedule the appointment whenever that is. It doesn't seem as earth shatteringly important now. My husband thinks I'm beautiful and that is what's important.
                                  
                                  
                                      

                                     
                               

18 comments:

  1. Mrs D I completely agree with you, hair dresser day is something I look forward to and like you I need to lose those extra extra pounds but that takes time. My HoH says it doesn't matter he loves me for me and that is all there is to it. Boy they sure know how to love us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair definitely matters more to me than him, but it's nice to know that he loves me no matter what.

      Delete
  2. My Daddy tells me the same thing all the time, it so nice to hear it especially when you can tell how much they mean it.

    That being said an appointment is greatly needed over here as well. It's really bad. There is no way one should go this long between appointments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No we shouldn't go this long, but it's nice to know it makes no matter to him.

      Delete
  3. i said to bikss today that i've put on weight and have to start exercising again! his reply "you're still mine!"

    ah.. .aren't they the sweetest?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww that was so sweet of him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sweet and just what I needed to hear.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, he can be sweet when he wants to be.

      Delete
  6. Your husband is absolutely sweet!! My gray pops every six weeks or so as well, it's very noticeable since I tend to keep my hair black. G.I. Joe allows me to continue to dye my hair because he knows it's something that makes me feel better, but he has said many of times that he loves the gray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a ton of gray, but it's definitely more than a stray here and there. Mr. D could care less whether I color my hair or not, but if I came home with it short we or should I say I might have a problem.

      Delete
  7. They can turn our world upside right! Good for hubby.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they can and just when we need it the most.

      Delete
  8. Through years of changing, weight gains and losses, great hair, and smile lines...my husband always says I am beautiful...so when I color my hair to cover the gray or try to eat healthier, exercise, or lose weight I don't do it for him - I do it for me - so I feel better about myself so I can see myself the way he does...the smile lines - those I don't worry about because I love to smile and nothing is going to make me stop... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. To him you are beautiful no matter what you look like! He just sees you, not your appearance. At least that is what I know of my DH.

    ReplyDelete