Thursday, February 7, 2013

One Of Those Days

                              . Today started out normal, just like any other day... then I got out of bed. It started with the phone call to HR. I had hoped that since my first two phone calls were in the afternoon and all I got was the woman's voice mail I would have better luck catching her in the morning. My Dr. has released me to work light duty and I realize there is no guarantee that they will find something for me to do, but at least return my phone call so I know where I stand. With my luck she'll claim I never contacted her and I'll be marked as a no show or they won't pay me because I had been released to work light duty.
                                  The next phone call was to another person in HR, who handles injury claims. She tells me she hasn't had a chance to complete her investigation into my claim. It's been almost a month- I have filled out all the necessary forms some of them twice, my Dr. has filled out his forms, BWC has done their part and are allowing my claim. All of this was set in motion within an hour or so of my injury so they've had all the necessary info for weeks. At this rate I will be back to work in full swing before I receive payment and that's if they rule in my favor. I've kept copies of everything and have kept a written record of my phone calls.
                                After these frustrating phone calls I check my calender and realize that PT for today is at 8:30 not 10:00 ( it's now 8:35) I call and apologize and explain that I mixed up my days. No problem they tell, me just come in at ten. Unfortunately I only made it half way there. In the middle  of one of the busiest intersections my vehicle decided to die at the red light. My van was running smoothly, wasn't making any funny noises, but for some reason it just died and wouldn't start again. I put on my flashers, called Mr. D, called PT to let them know I wouldn't be there and waited.
                                While I waited for my husband and the tow truck- with my flashers on mind you- I watched car after car pull up behind me then honk their horn at me when the light turned. Didn't they see my flashers? They could have easily pulled into the other left hand turning lane - there are two left hand turning lanes at this intersection.They could have easily gone into the other lane, but noooo, they just had to pull up behind me then angrily honk their horns and then flip me off or yell as they drove around me.I hope this isn't going to be an expensive repair- this is an added expense I don't need right now.
                                I'd like to go back to bed and pull the covers over my head or pour myself a good stiff drink, but I don't have any booze in the house. Since neither option is really viable I'll just rant here instead. Hopefully the afternoon or at least tomorrow will be better. I know that in the big scheme of things this is trivial and I know things could be worse, I have a lot to be grateful for. Thanks for listening and I hope you all have a good day.
                                 

7 comments:

  1. Awww... I hope things are better for you tomorrow as well.

    On days like that, I crawl back under my covers, lie down for a bit, and then try to wake up on the other side. It does not seem to work but is worth the effort... and naps never hurt. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs D, hang in there- better days are coming. It can be so frustrating dealing with all this but sounds like you have a good handle on things. I am sure Mr. D will help you sort things out too.

    Glad you are doing better

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, things are actually looking up. HR finally returned my calls and I will be starting light duty Monday. i just hope my van is out of the repair shop by then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- that is some day- I guess the good news is it all happened in the same day so tomorrow is BOUND to be better!

    ~faithful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's hope tomorrow will be better.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh :( I'm so sorry for your bad day. I hope it turns around quickly!!

    ReplyDelete