Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Triple Whammy

                                                     I wasn't sure what I was going to post today. I didn't really feel I had anything particularly interesting going on and I thought perhaps I would post the latest meme going around. It seemed like a fun way to share something about myself and I always enjoy learning about others here in blogland. But as I was relaxing last night perusing all of your posts I was hit with a triple whammy and any thoughts of sharing fun facts about myself went right out the window.
                                  First I headed over to Ponyboy's. The heading on his post saying goodbye should have given me a clue. I thought he was just letting us all know he and his wife were heading off on their vacation and he would fill us in when he got back.  Imagine my surprise when I realized that he was saying goodbye for good, closing up shop and shutting down his blog. I was blindsided, this was not the post I was expecting to read.
                                  As I scrolled down the comments I got yet another shock, a real one two punch. Not only is Ponyboy leaving, but so are Mr. No Name and Faerie. Say it ain't so I thought, but lo and behold when I ran over to Mr. No Names his post left no question that he was indeed retiring from the world of blogging and Faerie's comment pretty much said the same thing.
                                  It was with a heavy heart that I trudged over to Faerie's and what she posted said enough for me to know that she  was leaving this community too. Three  bloggers gone in one day!
                                   Now I know that I haven't been around long and I have never met any of them, but after hanging around on the fringes at first as a lurker and then as a blogger I felt as if I were just getting to know them. I didn't always comment, but I read their posts faithfully and would frequently share something or other from their blogs with my husband.
                                        I always got a little something out of their posts. Sometimes they would make me laugh or just smile and others would bring a tear to my eye. Some of their writings made me think hard about how I felt about certain things and made me view them in a completely different light. I even learned something on occasion.
                                      All three of these people were ( and I'm sure still will be) interesting, thought provoking and entertaining. I for one will miss them as I'm sure many of you will to. I wish them all well and hope that they don't stay away forever, even if it's just to drop in and comment on other's blogs now and then.                                                           
                                      
                                

10 comments:

  1. Mrs. D,

    Yes they will all three be missed! So so so very much! I too wish them well and hope the best for them on their journeys...but I do hope they will drop in every now and then to say Hello :)

    Belle:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just thrown for a loop that it happened all at once. Hopefully they'll pop in now and again.

      Delete
  2. It does feel like a friendship lost, when bloggers decide to stop. Hopefully they will stay in touch....
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess people come and go here just like IRL. I think I was just surprised to find out about all 3 at the same time.

      Delete
  3. I know its like a mass exodus (ok a bit ott lol) unfortunatley it happens a lot, i have seem many come and go over the years..heck i stopped for 3 years and only came back in Jan of last year.

    But its always nice to hear when its for positive reasons and they will be missed.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem like a mass exodus!
      It is nice that they see leaving as positive and moving forward.

      Delete
  4. Yes they will be missed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though they're all doing what is best for them, I'll still miss reading their blogs.

      Delete
  5. Hi Mrs D,

    Just made my way here via Tori. Yes, it was very upsetting to see these three blogs shutting down. As Abby stated it feels like losing a friendship. Hopefully they will check in from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Like I said, I was just so surprised that they were all leaving at once.

      Delete